Thursday, November 1, 2007

WE'RE HERE!



My loves, we woke up this morning in Paris! I don't know how it happened... I think that the lugging and the heaving and my husband plaintively asking me how on EARTH I saw fit to buy two rugs the day before we left Marrakech must have been a dream, because I woke up this morning between Frette sheets in a very cosy bed and looked around my Latin Quarter apartment with Maryam's Muse on the mantlepiece and a creamy Moroccan wedding blanket on the wooden floor by the bed, all peace and serenity. My husband tells me that I slept for just over eleven hours and that I must have been exhausted, but I don't think *that* can be it. Clearly we arrived here by magic.

Thank you, Maryam, for the loan you made us yesterday morning - we could never have done it without him!

Victor Vasnetsov. The Magic Carpet. 1880. Oil on canvas. The Art Museum of Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia

5 comments:

paris parfait said...

Hi Sarah, Bienvenue a Paris! So glad you arrived safe and sound. And yes, I've seen Maryam's muse, been bewitched and one is supposed to be on its way to me. I collect Lehnert & Landrock photographs and heliogravures.

P said...

Sounds like an auspicious start to your Paris adventure. May all nights be as serene as your first.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh yay! You have arrived in one piece!

PS eek, I have your waterman pen. I didn't mean to steal it....!

Sarah said...

Parfait: I just googled Lehnert & Landrock - what a wonderful thing to collect!

Persephone: Well, last night I upped it to 12 hours, so it's going well...

Maryam: Bah. Thief. :)

Anonymous said...

That painting is very Howl's Moving Castle... And now I see you're a Mighty Boosh fan to boot. God's wounds, what can't you do, madam?