Monday, July 30, 2007

Goodness, it's hot.



It's been over 40 degrees here every day for the last while and today my trusty weather widget informs me that it is currently 43 degrees. We have been spending every day locked in our green sitting room (if you have practically any Moroccan interiors book, it would seem, you will have seen a picture of this room - it really is very pretty) as it rejoices in a ceiling fan. God help us when the electricity bill comes in.

Ah... sweet Essaouira. When we were *there* I wore two long-sleeved tops (they're not very nice, but neither is premature ageing or skin cancer, so I endure) at once, a cardigan AND a jacket. And a scarf. It was wonderful. And windy. It wasn't quite as cold when I was in Dublin last week, but even then I got to wear my navy Burberry trench with a cardigan under it (I'm a big cardigan lover). Who knew that I would ever be reduced to writing nostalgic posts about the days when I got to wear so many layers I couldn't put my arms down by my sides?

*drifts off into memories of the Cliffs of Moher in May when she wore a hat and a scarf and a winter coat*

Expat Women Blog Directory

2 comments:

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Stumbled upon your blog...very interesting :-)

Arch

xgirl said...

And suddenly I'm happy about our lack of summer here :)